Tuesday, January 19, 2010

"I'd be Kate Hudson because her husband is hot."

After receiving an answer to the first question I asked Courtney Ransdell, I knew the interview would only get more interesting. When I asked Miss Ransdell how old she was, she replied with “Well, I’m going to be nineteen on Friday so can’t you just put that?” I chuckled and scratched onto my note pad that Courtney would be nineteen on Friday. Courtney is a soft spoken, blonde hair, blue eyed sweet heart born in Texas.
Living in Ohio since Kindergarten, Courtney has developed some life-sized dreams. She’s not exactly sure what she wants to do in the future, but she has come up with a few options. “When I was little, I wanted to be a lawyer, but now it’s a little more complicated. Some days I want to be an artist, I’d love to write reviews on food and travel the world. Other days I have my heart set on being a motivational speaker or therapist”.
Courtney’s witty personality was quick to catch my attention. Before I knew it we were laughing and carrying on a great conversation. When I asked if she could be any character in a movie, who would she be? She answered: “I’d be Kate Hudson in Bride Wars because her husband was hot. And you better write that down.” Once again I snickered and wrote down exactly what she said while she leaned forward to check that I was truly writing her quote down.
Courtney lives by some important values she has developed throughout her eighteen, almost nineteen, years of life. I asked if she had any regrets, she said “I have no regrets, I’ve only learned from experiences”. Courtney wants to be remembered as someone who was helpful and “the girl that was always able to cheer me up”. She believes her biggest accomplishment is that she made it to where she is today.
The more Courtney and I talked, the more intriguing of a person she became. When asked if she could meet one dead person who would it be? When she replied with “Hitler”, I was a little taken back. I looked at her for a second and waited for some sort of explanation. After cracking a smile, she said “He wouldn’t kill me, I have blonde hair and blue eyes”.
Courtney Ransdell: The almost nineteen year-old who loves fall, being on the beach, chicken alfredo, and banana splits. It was great getting an insight on such a great girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment